Friday, October 21, 2005

Republicans and Dementors

If they could get them, I'm confident that the Republicans would enlist Dementors to aid their nefarious work. Imagine Guantánamo Bay or Abu Graib. But that wouldn't be as much fun for America's finest Haji-bashing former weekend warriors and would-otherwise-be-working-at-Wal-Mart-if-the-military-hadn't-lowered-its-standards "volunteer" solders. Never mind. The ironically-named Departments of "Justice" and "Homeland Security" could keep as many as they could get quite busy with enemies of the Reich, er, Freedom.

The religious right, the defiant ignorant, NASCAR fans, NRA members, anti-choiceers, gay-bashers, border-patrolling-Minutemen, chickenhawks, and Yellow Elephant college Republicans (imagine that Venn Diagram--probably quite a lot of overlap) would stand on the sidelines and cheer when the Dementors would come to visit folks like me.

Actually, I suspect the government would lease the Dementors from Halliburton. Let us not forget that every opportunity should be taken to enrich those who hold the strings. Or contribute to the cause.

1 comment:

anomalink said...

Thanks for your comment. I need to point out, however, that I didn't compare Republicans to Dementors, I said that I suspect they would use Dementors if they could. Sirius Black was a victim of an administration much like the one ruling the US today, falsely imprisioned and even after his innocence became known they did nothing to admit their error or clear his name.

Did you mean by "voldemort unfortunately would never be welcomed in the republican camp" that you wish he would be? I have the "Republicans for Voldemort" sticker on my car! If you want one, too, you can get them at www.goats.com.