Friday, November 11, 2005

Confederate Anti-Terrorists?


Last night, on Main Street USA in Walt Disney World, I saw a man wearing a t-shirt with a confederate flag on the back--with the caption "Fighting Terrorism Since 1861." I found the phrase on merchandise from a cafepress shop (click image to go there). Different image, though. I suspect somebody said it on talk radio, and it got into a lexicon of catchphrases.

Are they implying that "The War of Northern Aggression" was a terrorist action?

I'm becoming more and more afraid. Then again "The Happiest Place on Earth" is in Florida, where people who feel threatened have the right to use force, including firearms, to protect themselves.

Yikes. When I lived in Japan, a co-worker asked me for a character reference for an application he was making to get a permit to use an air rifle in an indoor shooting range. The most common question I was asked there (after "Can you use chopsticks?") was, "Is it true all Americans carry guns?"

No comments: