Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Since they've co-opted family, I'm going tribal.

First they stole the word "life" (Pro-Life, Culture of Life, etc.) to mask their efforts to limit women's reproductive rights and control people through the end of their lives as well, and now they've laid claim to the word "family." My favorite definition of family is "a circle of people who love you." The folks behind this latest insidious plot to Redeem America have appropriated this perfectly serviceable noun and made it mean "that which is opposed to 'the homosexual agenda', any abortion, same-sex marriage, non-religious science education, and anything else that might offend the church ladies."

The American Family Association
Focus on the Family
Family Research Council
and
FamilyLife.com, a family ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ

It's like heaven: if these are the people who are going to be there, I'll pass. If they're the ones defining family, I'll call my circle a tribe.

No comments: