Monday, January 31, 2005

Never Surrender!

I just found this:
http://www.neversurrender.org/
Very interesting approach. I liked the black wristbands but thought they weren't positive enough.

I like the contrast to the rhetorically meaningless "Support Our Troops" garbage that gets trotted out everytime a Bush goes to war on Iraq.

There are any number of things that I would like to display, but fear reprisal, vandalism, or harassment (see http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/cda/article_print/0,1983,DRMN_15_3495709_ARTICLE-DETAIL-PRINT,00.html). Even living is a fairly blue state, I know that there are more than enough yahoos around who seem to believe what's going on is a good thing and would take umbrage at my disagreement.

Once upon a time there was a movement to "Take Back Vermont" from the people who thought protecting the environment and equal rights for all citizens (especially with regard to GBLT folk) had gone too far. America has been hijacked by church ladies and the greedy. Dr. Dean spoke of Taking Back America, I don't think that's it, either.

I don't happen to believe that intellectual is a bad thing to be. Having knowlege is a virtue. And that's another post.

No comments: