Monday, January 31, 2005

Triumph of the Believers over the Thinkers?

I've been worried for quite some time about rampand aggressive defiant ignorance. I'm even related to some people who are proud of the fact that they haven't actually read or seen some of the things they're indignant or outraged about--they've heard about it on talk radio or read it in the newspapers and magazines they read to have their prejudices reinforced.

Liberal elite media are blamed for so much that is evil, yet I've never gotten any indication from any of the sources I respect that they want to do anything other than inform me. Even The Daily Show with Jon Stewart gets most of their stuff direct. You can't make up stuff that's more absurd than what happens in real life.

Never stop thinking. Please.

No comments: